Whatcha been doin’?

June 8th, 2009 by tinakamo

images-3.jpegimages-4.jpegdlandhotel-022.jpg

You guys have been doing a FABULOUS job of keeping in touch this past week! I am so sorry that I haven’t been in contact. I was really busy last week volunteering at my former school. Today was the last day of school for their students, so now I get to check in with all of you. I miss you! Great to hear about Kristin’s game, Cayli’s trip to Vegas and Tanner’s upcoming trip. What else have you been up to? How about the Summer Reading list or the Summer Bible Reading? Anyone making any headway? I couldn’t find the books on the Summer Reading list at Border’s, but I’m gonna try to look at the State Library. I noticed some of you got on Ratty’s blog. Don’t forget to check him out all summer. And look for more Harris Burdick pics on our blog soon!

Posted in General Discussion, β€˜Ohana | 28 Comments »

28 Responses

1. Kristin Says:

I haven’t done much just going to work with my mom. I’ll be starting Summer school soon. I haven’t started the Summer Reading list because I miss placed it. Can you email it to my mom or maybe mail it to me? but for now I gotta let my mom get back to her work! Bye I really, really extremly miss you Mrs. Nakamoto.
    P.S. I hope I see you at summer school!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ :)!

2. kalena Says:

I haven’t done much either kristin.I’ve just been going to the water park.What class are you taking for summer school?Ok.Bye.p.s I really,really extremely miss you Mrs.Nakamoto:)

3. Cayli Rose Says:

I haven’t been doing anything much either but that is because I have the flu.
    The medicine that I need for my fever really does not tase good.
    I actually went to the doctor for my brother but I was not feeling good so mommy asked the doctor if I could have a check-up and sure enough I had a flu and my brother had a fever.
    Bye,
    cayli Rose

P.S.
    I cut 6 inches off of
    my hair.

4. Auli`i Says:

I had fun at the beach we wear siting down on the reef and then…. 5 waves came right over my head then I slipt right on the ROCKS.

5. Kristin Says:

I think I’m taking “all around the world” but I ‘m not positive. What class are you taking Kalena? How come you cut 6 inches off your hair cayli? Does it feel weird having less hair? How do you think you got the flu?
    Please answer all of the above.

Oh yeah, Mrs. Nakamoto I got a Summer Reading list with my report card yesterday so you don’t have to email one to my mom but thank you anyway. Talk to you guys later. Kristin

6. stacy Says:

Well, I’ve been at camp on the last weekend. It was sooo awesome! Hey Cayli Rose, and all of the other brownie girl scouts, How did you like the alka-seltzer game and Rainbow tag! Auli’i, I remember when you couldn’t find the yellow paint and kept on yelling “where’s the yellow, where’s the yellow! πŸ˜‰

7. Kiana Says:

Hey guys
    I just went to the beach yesterday and guess what happened to me, I got stung by a portuguese man-0-war. It hurt so bad so my mom took me to the lifeguard. He [the lifeguard] sprayed vinegar and water on it.[fresh water] But the spray was only for the pain I think. Today I am going to the beach in Haleiwa with my cousins, but I think I am going to stay a good distance from the deeper part of the water.

8. stacy Says:

Ohhh, Kiana on (the last) Sunday went to my mom’s reuion picnic and guess what , Alyssa was there!! So anyway, Alyssa’s cousin got stung. Oh, before I forget, What beach did you go to?:)

9. Cayli Rose Says:

Ouch Kiana!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don’t know how I got the flu or why I cut my hair but my hair does feel claner and healthyer.:)

10. Nadia Says:

IT’S MAN-O-WAR SEASON!AAAAHHHHH! ;)I whent to GS camp.Miss you all. πŸ™ Watch out!

Bye.

11. Mrs. Nakamoto Says:

Hi third graders (do you feel like that, yet?) =)!

I miss all of you VERY much! I spent the last couple of days relaxing and doing laundry at home. I had to catch up because I was so busy helping out at my former school the week before. One of the first grade teachers I used to work with retired this year and she had lots to do to get ready to leave after over 25 years of teaching.

After her retirement luncheon on Monday I had to go back to our class because I forgot to take our picture off the front doors. I had to take everything off the glass to get our class ready for summer school, but I waited until the last minute to take down our picture. I think I was in denial. =)

Cayli, I can’t wait to see your new hairdo! It sounds perfect for summer. It’s been so hot lately. I haven’t cut my hair since October because I’ve been so busy, but it’s on my list of things to do this summer. I hope you and your brother are feeling better.

Kiana, I hope you’re feeling better too. I’ve never been stung by a man-o-war, but I did get bit by a centipede once and that was very PAINFUL. It sounds like you were really brave!

Kristin, let me know if you have any success finding the books on the summer reading list. Do you guys know that Borders is sponsoring a special reading challenge this summer? It’s free and all you have to do is read at least 8 books from 5/26/09 – 8/31/09 and log them on their form (pick one up in their stores). When you bring in the completed form you can choose a prize for $4.99 (50% off regular price). I haven’t had a chance to see what the selection of prizes is, but you might want to stop by and pick it up. Plus the Hawaii State Library system also has a summer reading program. Go for it!

Nadia, Stacy and Auli’i, sounds like you guys had a great time at Brownie camp. What a wonderful reward for your hard work during the year!

Kalena, do you have an annual pass for the waterpark? They changed their name to Wet and Wild Hawaii, right? And I heard they have a new ride. Tell us all about it!

Tanner and Kama, are you back from you trips yet?

Hokupa’a, have you started your garden yet?

TeKaha, we know you are in Australia. Any chance you have access to our blog over there? If so, tell us all about your visit!

Kaiya, you must be in Japan by now. Do you have access to our blog? Tell us all about your visit.

Maia, are you in Minnesota yet? Wouldn’t it be cool if you had a chance to visit with Lynne Jonell or Ratty?

Brycen, are you getting ready for summer school next week?

How about you Chaeana, Naiya, Jacob, Ian, Kala’i, and La’akea? What have you been up to?

Next year we’ll be in school until the end of May because we’ll have some extra days off in October and March. So our summer will be just a little shorter. What do you guys think? Would you rather have more days off during the middle of the school year or at the end? Do you think your opinion might be different now than it will be in the middle of the school year?

Look for new posts soon! =)

12. Kristin Says:

I heard that some mainland place bought the water park!! But no matter what I’m going to call it the Water park because it’s easyer to remember and thats what I always call it. Oh and maybe tomorrow I’ll check out the borders reading log!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ . I would rather have more days off at the end of the school year.

How do you make the winking face Stacy?

13. Naiya Says:

Mrs.Nakamoto I really miss you so much! I think I saw you walking on the bridge on monday.I hope I can see you a nother time in summer school.Oh, and how do you guys make the smiley faces?

14. Mrs. Nakamoto Says:

Naiya, I wish I had seen you too! It’s been such a great week for me because I’ve seen Stacy, Brycen, Kristin, Nadia, Chaeana and Kala’i!! I miss all of you and it was so great to see you. I didn’t get to talk to Chaeana and Kala’i, but I waved to them over the bridge. I’ll be on campus all week so maybe I’ll see you all again before Friday. What are you learning in summer school? Anything exciting you want to share?

15. Cayli Rose Says:

I’m not going to summer school.
    Did anyone hear about Farrah Foccet and Michael Jackson?

16. Brycen Says:

I’ve been at summer school. I saw kalena kiana chaeana kala’i and
    stacy.

17. kalena Says:

Hi mrs.Nakamoto. I really really miss you. And I’m sooo sooo happy that I saw you. I was soo happy that I wanted to cry(really hard)but I Did’n’t.Sigh:(. But I really really really extremly miss you.(ALOT) P.S.see you next year !:)!!!!!:):)!!!!bye

18. Mrs. Nakamoto Says:

Kalena, I miss you too! I was super excited to see you yesterday! I also got to see Kala’i and Stacy (and her mom) yesterday. And I waved to Brycen in the morning before his field trip. I got a big hug from Nadia today. What a great week!

Stacy, you asked about our blog roll. Check it out. There are some updates.

Everyone, don’t forget to check out Ratty’s blog when you have time.

Nadia, I finally started reading Truth Cookie today. Pretty good so far. =)

Kristin, I’m gonna try to check out the library this weekend. I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I find any of the books on the summer reading list!

Cayli, I did hear about Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Were you sad? I used to love to watch Farrah Fawcett on Charlie’s Angels when I was younger. And I loved singing and dancing to Michael Jackson’s songs. Do any of you know and like his songs?

19. Kana'i Says:

Hi guys!!! It’s Kana’i. Sorry I haven’t talked to any of you in a while. I’ve been trying to blog but my computer wasn’t working for a while. I am so glad to hear that you are all doing well. Hopefully while I’m in middle school I can come down and visit you all. Maybe I can come down and help teach a dance class or two. Well anyways I hope to see all of you soon. Have a great summer!!! ^_^

20. Cayli Rose Says:

I know ABC,Blame it on the boogie,and Bille Jean.
    I like all of them.
    I bet Kaiya Knows much more of his songs than me because I only heard michael Jackson’s songs when he died.
    Kaiya dances alot like Michael Jackson.
    I like his songs alot.

21. stacy Says:

Speaking of michael Jackson, who LOVES michael jackson! (I’m raising both of my hands right now)

πŸ™‚

22. Cayli Rose Says:

Me too both of my hands are raised.
    Oh sorry.
    I said the begining part of my comment in my head so that is why you don’t know in the begining what I am talking about.

23. kalena Says:

Sorry if I did’nt talk to you for awhile Mrs.Nakamoto. I do have an annual pass. And they did change there name to the wet and wild hawaii. And they do have two new rides. They changed The volcano express to the Island racer and they changed the cliff hanger to a ride called Raging river. I never rode them but I think it will be fun! See you later! Bye:)

24. stacy Says:

ugghhhh I am soooooo tiered of swimming every single week day! (in summer school) I saw Kalena, nadia, kala’i, Maia & kiana,and chaeana in our hoike at school. if you noticed( kalena, nadia, kala’i, maia, & kiana) I did we make a rainbow &mele ho’okipa.
    There was this rock song that maia & kiana didn’t seem amazed.
    ciao 4 now! -Stacy πŸ™‚

25. Kristin Says:

I MISS you guys SO MUCH πŸ™ πŸ™ !! Especialy you Mrs. Nakamoto πŸ™
    πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™ !!!! (sniffle sniffle sniffle cry cry cry πŸ™ πŸ™ ) . summer school was really fun but it felt really long too.

26. stacy Says:

Sorry I haven’t been blogging much but I just want to say: HAPPY HALLOWEEN! πŸ™‚

27. stacy Says:

Speaking of summer… “there’s 100 and 4 days of summer vacation.” and, hey is anyone blogging so often? πŸ™

28. stacy Says:

By the way #27 the “–” is the first line of the Phineas and Ferb theme song. And how was character day. speaking of that did you see the lady dressed up as Russel and… am I being a chatter-box? πŸ™