Pearl City Urban Garden

May 10th, 2009 by tinakamo

pcug11.jpgpcug21.jpg

Last Tuesday we visited Pearl City Urban Garden on a field trip. What new things did you learn there? What did you observe or learn about at the garden that connected to our learning in school?

Posted in General Discussion, Science | 11 Comments »

11 Responses

1. Kristin Says:

I learned that there are a lot of plants with animal names like the rattle snake or the cat whisker plant but the rattle snake didn’t really match it’s name and it was cool how we found a chrysalis on it.

2. Nadia Says:

Your right Kristin!

3. cayli rose Says:

Oh,
    Kristin were’nt the animal names just nicknames?
    I also think that it was cool that we found a chryslis on that perticular plant too.
    The sun dial part kind of connected to our math because we are kind of doing work with clocks.
    AND GOLDEN PENCILS BOOK SALE AND ANOTHER GMADE TOMORROM!!!:0

4. cayli rose Says:

🙂 🙁 😉
    I,m felling all of these faces at 1 time.

5. Nadia Says:

What was your favorite garden Caily Rose?

6. stacy Says:

My favorite part was when we made a trail for ratty when we crossed the boardwalk! I skiped some parts of the trail because I got tired so there were some gaps in between my trail we stopped for a while to look at the cocoa bean tree. I wanted to try one! 😉

7. Nadia Says:

My favorite garden was the sundial garden because we got to learn how a sundial works.

8. Tanner Says:

I learned about the sun dial.I think it is pretty hard to use a sun dial because you might not always know whitch way is north.

9. cayli rose Says:

Nadia,
    My favorite garden was the animal garden because we got to learn about plants that look like animals.

10. Bailey Says:

I liked when we got to make the butter fly.

11. bailey Says:

The tunnle was cool.