Have a Heart

April 3rd, 2009 by tinakamo

images-1.jpegimages-2.jpeg

You have been learning about your heart in Health lessons and in Guidance lessons.  How are the perspectives of these lessons different?  Could you live without a heart?  Why or why not?  What does your heart help you do?

Posted in General Discussion, Health | 20 Comments »

20 Responses

1. Auli`i Says:

You need a heart to live.
    If you run it makes your heart beat
    faster.

2. cayli rose Says:

If you do not have a heart the blood in side of your body wont flow.Then you can’t stay alive.

3. kalena Says:

If you dont have a heart you wont stay alive.You cant live without a heart because blood wont flow through your body and you wont get enough oxegent to breath.If I was heartless I dont think I would survive.I wonder how some people are born without a heart.And I think people that have no heart can die in their moms stomack or when they come out of the moms stomack.

4. stacy Says:

If you didn’t have a heart you can’t live because
    the heart pumps the blood through the heart. I think it is very important to be thankful to have a heart because you wouldn’t be alive without a heart.

5. Naiya Says:

You can’t live without a heart because your heart pumps your blood through your body.Your heart also gives you clean oxygen and if you don’t have oxygen you will die.

6. Tanner Says:

You cant live with out a heart because it pumps blood to all of are body parts.

7. Mrs. Nakamoto Says:

Ms. Perry and Mr. Tschillard would be happy to know that you have learned so much about the workings of the heart!

I agree with Stacy about being thankful for my heart, but I am not just thankful for all of the literal things it does to keep me alive. I am also thankful for all of the figurative ideas about “having a heart.” Like the way my heart allows me to feel and give love.

8. Kristin Says:

Without a heart you would die because your heart pumps your blood through your body and without blood flowing through your body you could not survive. Your heart helps you to do something everyday!!

9. Kiana Says:

No you cant live with out a heart because ti healps clean the blood.

10. Nadia Says:

You need a heart because it
    pumps your blood to all your
    vital organs. If you smoke,
    your heart turns black and if you consume alcohol, your heart
    has to work harder.

11. kaiya Says:

You need a heart beause it carries oxegen and if you smoke it will block your lungs and it will be hard to breath in and out. If your heart gets damged it will turn black.

12. brycen Says:

IN Health I learned that your heart pumps blood through your veins and arteries and through your body. In guidance we were taught that we should keep our heart safe by not smoking or don’t take drugs. My heart keeps me alive and moving.

13. stacy Says:

Nadia,

I agree with you about when you say your heart has to work harder, but it actually turns your lungs black, not your heart.

14. Mr. Jay Tschillard Says:

I liked all the comments about how the heart works. I wish I had learned this when I was in the 2nd grade. You have learned so much. There will be more next year.
    Have a Heart Healthy Day

15. colton (cayli rose's brother) Says:

If I didn’t have a heart I couldn’t love Jesus.

16. Te kaha Says:

To colton

Even though you don’t have a heart dos’nt mean you can’t love Jesus

17. colton Says:

oh,
    I didn’t know that.

18. Nadia Says:

Maybe if you drink to much alhohol your heart will stop from exhaustion.

19. Nadia Says:

And the same with your lungs when you smoke. 🙁

20. Bailey Says:

You will died if you don’t have a heart.