Geography Week Nov. 11 – 17

Geography week is focused around the theme of interdependence.  How do we relate to the the things around us?  How do we relate to people in other places or right at home?  In first grade we will be using a topic of food to explore our relationship with others and things.  Please post a picture or recipe of a favorite food or dish.  Tell us why you like it and where it is from.  Our keiki did this today.  We will be eating something from a different country tomorrow……yes, with our pizza.

5 thoughts on “Geography Week Nov. 11 – 17

1. One of Damien’s favorite foods is Portuguese Sausage (Porch of Goose as he calls it). I think it comes from Portugal (haha). I don’t know how to make it, but his favorite is Frank’s Foods. If I knew how to post a picture I would put it here. For now, you can just imagine a horseshoe shaped sausage full of deliciousness!

2. Hey Kumu Kaleo..
    Kathy and I thought about this and I think that Avani’s favorite food is… rice and furikake… Itʻs one of her favorite things I get for her when I go to Japan. And, of course it has to be the single serve Hello Kitty packets. Since we donʻt read Japanese, sometimes we are surprised by how they taste.

Tried to send a photo but couldnʻt…

3. Kalia and I love all kinds of food! We enjoy eating mexican food atleast once a week. Burritos, taquitos, tacos and fried ice cream always make our day just a little better. Food is a great way to learn about other places and cultures.

4. I loved geography week because I did lots of fun stuff, like eating different foods and doing the name of the food and where it is from!!!!