Teaching Kumu Kaleo a Morning Greeting

Every morning we welcome our haumana to school and say, “Aloha kakahiaha”, Sing the Good Morning Mele, give morning hugs or simply ask how each other is doing.  We call this our Morning Greeting.  Well, this morning the keiki of Papa 1 wanted to teach Kumu Kaleo a new morning greeting called, “Shoe Twister”.  The keiki explained that we all needed to take off one side of our shoe and place it in the middle of our circle.  A classmate would begin by choosing a random shoe, finding the owner and while passing the shoe to the owner shall say, “Aloha ________, here is your shoe, have a great day!”  We played this morning greeting until we all had our shoes back on; and boy did we have lots of fun!  Mrs, Debus also came and joined in! Mahalo to my Papa 1 haumana for being wonderful kumu to me.

Shoe Twister

One thought on “Teaching Kumu Kaleo a Morning Greeting

1. The other day, while I was at work, my sister stole my apple ipad and tested to see if it can survive a twenty five foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
    I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!

My blog post :: Milana Kirtland