Ohana Alert for the Week of Feb. 8-12

Get those calendars out…the week at a glance:  Don’t forget to scroll down our class blog to see the latest learning going on in our “FISH”bowl!  Don’t miss a thing, by “diving” in each week!

Mon., Feb. 8-Day 5:  Mrs. Enos will be in class subbing for me for the next 2 days, as I have meetings that I will be attending on campus.  I will be in class for a portion of the day today & in school on both days.

Wed., Feb. 10-Day 1:  Håweo Honors Luncheon today…we mahalo Caden, Kamailah, and Alisha’s ohana today at Ha’aeamahi Dining Hall during lunch! I’m back in class today! 🙂

Thurs., Feb. 11-Day 2:  2nd Trimester officially ends!  Celebrate Valentine’s Day by wearing red, white, or pink today!  Let’s take a class photo!

A friendly reminder to Ohana…9 genre requirement begins again for Trimester #3!  We are also “swimming hard” to our million word goal (28 chapter book total) for the year.  Have a conversation with your keiki to see how hard they are working for their goal.  It would be a great time to also map out timelines to meet the genre goals for the final trimester at Kula Ha’aha’a & not wait until the last minute.  

As the keiki and I have been discussing in class…this begins the swim to the finish, as we finish strong!  Have them share about not just surviving, but thriving…& allowing the team to be life savers!  So much to do as we journey on!

Fri., Feb. 12- NO SCHOOL- Faculty Work Day

Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 9.00.01 PM‘A’ohe lokomaika’i i nele i ka pānaʻi…No kind heart lacks a reward!  Mahalo Kehau for sharing this wonderful olelo noe’au with me!  So perfect for Valentine’s Day!  Aloha i kekahi, i kekahi!

Heads up…Mon., Feb. 15- NO SCHOOL- President’s Day Holiday!

Stay tuned to see the smiling faces of the haumåna who met their genre goals for the trimester!  We have a multi-millionaire too!

This entry was posted in Ohana Alert!, Reading. Bookmark the permalink.