From Ordinary to Extraordinary…with one ring!

Author Laura Schroff

Author Laura Schroff

The day began with students preparing for Founder’s Day on the 19th to honor Ke Ali’i Pauahi by practicing her mo’okü’auhau (genealogy chant).  We worked on our storyboards for our Project Kahiau and looked forward to “diving” into our new class book, “An Invisible Thread” by Laura Schroff.  The day was an ordinary kind of day in the last week before Christmas vacation, when all of a sudden it turned into an unbelievably ‘EXTRAORDINARY” day!

The class phone rang and on the other end, who could have guessed, it was Ms. Schroff herself!!!  Was it just a coincidence?  Or was it an “invisible thread” (when people are destined to meet no matter the circumstance)?   She saw our class blog post on her book and shared her excitement and thanks for reading it!  I shared how her wonderful book was the catalyst that started our current Project Kahiau, she was so gracious and appreciative that we chose her book.  All the while, I’m sure I was in shock, rambling on and mumbling how I couldn’t believe she was calling us!  I kept pinching myself!  heehee!  I was NOT dreaming this, she was actually on the line!  I promised to share the great things you are all doing to change our world with her in the future!

Ms. Schroff can’t wait to have book discussions with us and will even learn to Skype so we can make this happen in January!  She generously offered to have her publisher send us 24 copies of her book too!  Sharing this news with all of you in class made it seem like Christmas came early this year!  It sure made me laugh out loud when one of you asked if Maurice was joining the Skype too!

With ha’aha’a (humbleness), we are truly thankful and blessed. Have a great night….I’m still pinching myself!  You will be posting your thoughtful comments on the first 2 chapters of this book in class on Tuesday.

This entry was posted in Reading, Techie Things, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to From Ordinary to Extraordinary…with one ring!