Welcome to Open House!!!

Science QR Code

I Spy Mrs. Chang

Look for me during open house. I’ll be in disguise.

Aloha!

Welcome to the Keiki Scientist blog!!

I am excited to start another school year and to be here to helping your child explore the world of science.

For those who are new to our kula, please let me introduce myself.  My name is Kalei Chang and Iʻm the elementary science teacher.  This is my 7th year teaching here at Kamehameha Schools Kula Ha`aha`a.   Besides my passion for teaching science, I enjoy photography, swimming, and time with my family.

It is my hope that when your child leaves our kula he or she will be able to make personal discoveries by using the scientific processing skills with ethical and cultural sensitivity. I hope that they will appreciate the historic endeavors made in science and be open to the idea that science is always changing.

This blog is dedicated to your childʻs learning in science. I use this blog as a means to show you what your child is doing in science.  There is so much learning taking place each day and I feel that parents want to see their childʻs learning.  Here you can find videos and pictures of what your child is doing in science. Occasionally there are science related events that is happening in our community or beyond that I like to share with you.  Sometimes Iʻll have puzzles for the students to participate and earn a prize.

Also on this blog Iʻve provided pages dedicated to each grade level.  Each grade level pages has information regarding trimester areas of study (scope and sequence), homework assignments and due dates, information their class plant, and links to their teacherʻs blogs. Please use this as a way to stay informed about what your child is doing in science.

Again, welcome back to another school year.  I look forward to another happy and productive school year in science.  Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Mahalo nui,

Mrs. Kalei Chang

(808) 982-0448

hechang@ksbe.edu

Twitter: KaleiChang

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.