‘Ohia Wishing Tales

November 20th, 2013 by tinakamo

Today we were fortunate to see an amazing performance by ‘Ohia Productions! They shared wishing tales from China, Hungary and India. What is your response to the performance? Do you have any connections, questions or opinions? Pick one of the tales and tell us what you think the big idea was. What is your evidence to support your big idea?

Posted in General Discussion | 21 Comments »

21 Responses

1. jaizyon Says:

I liked the performance today. The part I didn’t like was when the step mother ate the fish. My favorite part was the step mother singing the fishy song.

2. Brynna Says:

I like the the part when the Mason kept changing different things like the sun, the cloud , the mountain . the part I did not like is when the step mom made the girl run away.

3. nanea Says:

i liked the perfomance. the part i did like was when the old lady did three wishes and the part i didt like was when the stone cutter wished for a lots of stuff.

4. Mrs. Nakamoto Says:

Jaizyon, Brynna and Nanea,

Donʻt forget to pick one of the tales and tell us what you think the big idea was. And please remember to provide evidence.

Mahalo!

5. Shanti Says:

I think the big idea was to not give up on wishes. My evidence was because in the story they where taking about some wishes come true. I did not like the part where the old lady was singing the song. I thought she sing’s horrible. I like the part where the Mrs.Jasmine was singing. My connection was that they thought me how to perform for my parent’s. I wonder if my wishes are ever going .to come true. But I think so.

6. Mahealani Says:

My response is the story was a little funny.My connection is it is like hamster magic because in both stories they had someone who made a wish.Are these real stories?I think it was silly when the boy wished for a sausage on his nose.I think the big idea is don’t make silly wishes.My evidence is in the story one of the persons said he wished for a sausage on his nose and that is a silly wish.

7. Kainoa Says:

I liked evrything.Because I like to hear lots of country’s.I don’t think there’s a big idea.my connection is to hamster magic!

8. Mrs. Nakamoto Says:

Kainoa,

Please be more specific about what you liked and your reason for connecting to Hamster Magic. And please do your best to think of a big idea for one of the tales.

Mahalo!

9. kaleb Says:

I think the big idea is don,t make silly wishes cause if your wish comes true you would be wasting a wish.My evidence is because in the story the guy wished for a sausage on his nose.My response is that it was funny when the lady was singing the fish song.I did not like it when they played the cinderela story because i don,t like princesses.

10. Elai Says:

My response is it was a superb play.My big idea was to think what you wish for.because the stone cutter wanted to be rich and then a king and then the sun and then a cloud and then a mountain.

11. Konnor Says:

I liked the play. I think the big Idea was do not waste your wishes on nothing. My evidence is the stone cuter wasted his wishes and had no wishes left. Use your wishes for great things!

12. Mattison Says:

My big ide is to be cafol what you wish for because you might wish for something sily then it comes chow

13. Ayceton Says:

I liked the whloe story Because there wasf funny wolds and one more thing I connected to the middie and end
    When they did magic Because in Hamster magic celia wanted to be taller and she got what she wanted to be and that’s what happened in the story to. The last tale, I think I know the big idea to the last tale my big idea is I I think you shouldn’t be to much in magic because you can get what you want but may not be a good thing all the time. My evidence is like how the guy wanted to be different he got what he wanted and wasn’t happy after all so he decided to be his self.

14. Kellan Says:

I like the tale abut hungre becase I ate sasij for diner.

15. Memphis Says:

The pofomis made me felt happy because the old lady lafts a funny way.My big idea is when he makes lots of wishes

16. Koen Says:

I liked the one in the play My favoret one was the
    golden fish one becues I like gold.I think the big idea
    is love becues the king mered the girl.

17. Ian Says:

I really liked what the lesson was.the lesson was you think you know what you wont but you don’t know what you wont .the BIg idea is be careful what you wish for.my evident is what they wished for they didn’t need

18. Leila Says:

My connection to the show that I watched is it is like Hamster magic because they were wishing to be different things that was silly. It was funny when the boy wished for a soseg on his nowse. I think the Big idea is to not wish for something silly to happen. becus wen the boy wished for a soseg on his nowise it really did happen.

19. Carly Says:

I liked when the tall women came because she was FUNNY.I like when in the story the girl and boy are in love but they did not want too.because they fited.

20. Calyssa Says:

The big idea is use your wishes wisely so something does not happen.The evidence is that the stone cuter wants to be everything but he wants to be his self.My favorite part is when the stone cuter was a mountain and then a other stone cuter was hitting the mountain and the said OW OW OW!because that stone cuter freaked me out!I don’t like that fortune teller outfit because it’s like a girl outfit.My connection to the story is hamster magic.

21. Mattea S. Says:

mahalo ‘ohia production. thank you for your hard-work you do to put on great\exalent show!