Click here to register or click the button below:
UNconferences are free, participant-driven professional development events where the attendees set the schedule and lead the sessions, which are conversations – NOT presentations. The KS UNconference will be an event full of rich discussions, cool demonstrations, and plenty of hands-on learning!
Join us on Monday, June 5th at The Neal S. Blaisdell Center
Schedule of Events
Welcome and Organization of Sessions: 12:00 P.M. – 12:30 P.M.
Sessions: 12:30 P.M. – 3:50 P.M.
Group Photo: 3:50 P.M.
Closing: 4:00 P.M.- 4:30 P.M.
Online Registration will be open until 06/05/2017.
Please bring a mobile device, laptop, or other electronic device if possible.
What is an UNconference?
UNconferences are composed of anyone who shares a vested interest in learning about learning and growing professionally. Unlike other conferences, an UNconference does not include a keynote speaker, the day is planned by the attendees, and the cost of attending is free. If you want to share your ideas, sign up to speak. You want to hear the ideas of others being shared, sign up to attend a session.
Basic Rules of an UNconference
To give you a better idea of how an UNconference works, we want to share the basic rules that guide the day. UNconferences are based on the BarCamp model, and the BarCamp model is based on what is referred to as “Open Space Technology Workshops” where the participants design and drive the day.
The Rule of Two Feet
– If people find themselves in situations where they are neither learning nor contributing, they are responsible for moving to another place — using their two feet to find a place where their participation is more meaningful.
Whoever comes are the right people
– This reinforces the wisdom to achieve solutions is present in the room.
Whatever happens is the only thing that could have
– This keeps the attention on the best possible effort in the present, instead of wondering endlessly about what should or could have been done.
Whenever it starts is the right time
– This reminds people that creativity cannot be controlled.
When it is over, it is over
– This encourages people to continue their discussion so long as there is energy for it. This may result in a short session not filling the entire time allotted, or it may result in a session longer than the time allotted.
Please feel free to contact Ellen Cordeiro at email@example.com if you have any questions!
Note – This is a vendor free event.