Physical Education Department
Course Syllabus 2019-20
Mr. Cary Masuko
- The Physical Education Program is designed to develop the mental, emotional, physical and social aspects of living necessary for a happy and productive life.
- Students are introduced to the fundamentals of team and individual sports, which include skills, rules, and game strategy as well as swimming and physical fitness.
- Emphasis in the program is placed on providing an opportunity for individual growth and success.
- The outcome of the program can be expressed in terms of the student’s organic, neuromuscular, social and emotional development.
- To create and maintain physical and mental fitness.
- To develop a basic knowledge of skills, cleanliness, sportsmanship and leadership.
- To instill growth through interaction with others in a competitive situation.
- To instill an attitude of worthy use of leisure time through activity at school, home, and in the community.
PE LOCK & TOWEL
Locks will be issued to each student. There will be a charge ($10.00) to a student if the lock is damaged or lost. Students will provide their own toiletries and towel.
SWIMMING/BIKE/RUNNING/WEIGHT TRAINING UNITS
Students will be rotating activities every two weeks throughout the school year. Girls unable to participate due to their ma’I (period) please bring a note from home. Notes from home will be excused for one (1) day only. For longer time “off” a doctorʻs note will be required. All students will be expected to make up the work as stated in the Student/Parent Handbook (p. 17).
PHYSICAL EDUCATION ATTIRE
- See Student/Parent Handbook (p. 24)
|Dress Code||Stamp in planner||Detention||Student
|5th||Yes||1 hour||Level 1|
|7th *||Level 3|
- Refer to blogs.ksbe.edu/camasuko/
PE dress code will be enforced September 1, 2019
- See student and parent handbook for grading scale (p. 17)
Classwork and homework
SUMMATIVE = 80%
Test, projects, performance and skills
Parents and students may access KS Connect online to monitor their progress. See Student/Parent Handbook (p. 18)
Please contact me if you have any questions @ 982-0502 or by e-mail email@example.com