- EVERYONE IS KNOWN AND SUPPORTED, AND STRIVES FOR PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- EVERY HAUMĀNA HAS THE RIGHT TO A SAFE AND NURTURING HIGH-QUALITY INSTRUCTIONAL ENVIRONMENT
- ALL HAUMĀNA CAN BE PRODUCTIVE MEMBERS OF OUR LĀHUI
- ALL STUDENTS WILL HAVE EQUITABLE ACCESS TO OUR COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL COUNSELING PROGRAM ADMINISTERED BY A TRAINED AND QUALIFIED SCHOOL COUNSELOR
- OUR SCHOOL COUNSELORS WILL ADVOCATE FOR ALL STUDENTS
- THE SCHOOL COUNSELORS WILL USE DATA TO DESIGN, IMPLEMENT, EVALUATE AND CONTINUOUSLY IMPROVE THE COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL COUNSELING PROGRAM
- THE SCHOOL COUNSELORS WILL COLLABORATE WITH ‘OHANA, STAKEHOLDERS AND COMMUNITY RESOURCES TO MEET STUDENT NEEDS AND ASSIST IN STUDENT DEVELOPMENT
- SCHOOL COUNSELORS WILL SERVE AS LEADERS AND COLLABORATORS IN ASSESSING BARRIERS TO ACADEMIC, CAREER, AND PERSONAL/SOCIAL SUCCESS AND WILL ADVOCATE FOR CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENTS TO SUPPORT SUCCESS FOR EVERY HAUMĀNA
- THE SCHOOL COUNSELORS WILL ABIDE BY KAMEHAMEHA SCHOOLS AND ASCA ETHICAL STANDARDS
The vision of the Kamehameha Schools Hawai‘i Kula Waena School Counseling Program is for every student to acquire the academic, career, and personal/social skills to be successful students and play significant roles in creating strong ʻohana and communities throughout ka pae ʻāina and beyond.
Our mission is to inspire all haumāna to reach their maximum potential through academic, career and personal/social development and, in doing so, become successful college- and career-ready, world-class citizens. All haumāna will have equitable access to the Kamehameha Schools Hawai‘i Kula Waena Counseling Program which provides developmentally appropriate activities including individual and small-group supports as well as core curriculum instruction. School counselors at Kamehameha Schools Hawai‘i Kula Waena Counseling Program advocate for equity and access to educational opportunities to improve the capability and well-being of Kula Waena haumāna.