Rushad Eggleston!

I hope you all enjoyed the presentation by Rushad.  If you were there, please leave your comment below about what impressed you the most about him/his music, and how you feel about your own musical possibilities.

45 thoughts on “Rushad Eggleston!

1. He was an amazing performer and was really entertaining. I enjoyed watching and listening to him play the cello and sing his own language at the same time. His personality is very amusing and he is very creative which makes his performance even more great. He is really good at what he does and seems very passionate about it too. I was so glad I got the chance to meet him. He changed my life and my perspective on music forever.

2. Rushad is such a great person and has such a creative personality. I mean for some one to come up with their own style of playing the cello when you normally hear it in classical tunes is just amazing. He has such a bubbly personality is really knows how to entertain people. I really like how he can just feel his music and not have a care about what people think about him. He is truly amazing and an inspiration to all musicians.

3. I really liked how Rushad had developed his own style and doesn’t care what people think of it, because it’s so different, people like it. I was impressed that he could play so many instruments and tried them, also, I liked how he got his inspiration. I used to be in piano and hated it, but now that I love music, I wish I continued with piano so I could’ve gotten really good. I feel like if I can develop my own style to music, or anything really, and pursue it, I can eventually have people like it and accept it.

4. Rushad is an amazing performer. He has an interesting way of playing the cello. He has changed my perspective of music in every way possible.

5. I thought that Rushad was amazing! The thing that impressed me most was how he was able to find his own creative way to play the cello and to bring life to his music. It’s really something that you don’t get to experience everyday. And how I feel about my own musical possibility is, that now that I’ve had my eyes opened to how many more possibilities there are, out there. And now i know that you don’t have to follow everyone else, and you don’t have to have the same sound that they do. And now someday I hope to find my own different way to bring life into my music, and hopefully inspire someone else.

6. I believe that I’ve seen an example of a form of pioneering. He obviously has incredible skill with a cello, and he has his own certain style. I’m impressed at the fact that he’s not like the majority of other cello players, he does things that may be uncharacteristic of someone who would play an instrument. For example, the way he holds it. I believe he has his own style of playing that is unique and fun, and that could maybe inspire other musicians that play instruments that create their own personal style as well.

7. What impressed me the most about his music was I think it was really cool that he could play the cello the way he did. I really enjoyed the way his stage presences was while he was playing to us.

8. Rushad was awesome. I will not meet anyone like him. It was a great experience. He impressed me on how he created his new style of playing music. It makes me want to change my way of musicality.

9. I love his music! How he created his own style of the cello was really awesome! As a musician I won’t be able to be as successful but i will be able to maybe be a good singer

10. Rushad’s performance was super cool to watch! I loved how he took an instrument that he knew how to play and gave it his own twist. Not much musicians can do this. Even though he in general is kind of different then most people, I loved how he made an upbeat, rock sound with the cello I also thought it was creative how he wears a strap and holds his bow differently. As a musician, I think what attracted me the most about Rushad was his unique style. It’s not everyday you see someone find what they truly love about music. Most people just go with the flow of media, or play music to a regular style- using sheet music. He, on the other hand, made his own style and language (which was weird).
    He showed me that I can view music in a whatever way I want. Perfection is something seen by others in a different way. After watching him play, it made me want to pick up a violin or guitar and actually learn it the way I want to. So, I’m glad I watched him for these reasons, but he still kind of creeped me out, like his outfit. Just kidding.

11. Honestly I think he was really amazing but a little uncomfortable at times lol. I think itʻs cool how he makes up his own music and ways to play the cello. Itʻs also interesting how he will totally express himself and his parents are super supportive.

12. I loved Rushadʻs performance. He expressed himself well through his way of playing the cello. It was very inspiring and it changed my perspective of the cello. We could tell he enjoyed what he did and it was very awesome to see someone so into an instrument.

13. I found that Rushad was a very talented musician and seemed to love his music. I enjoyed his performance and it was great to hear a little bit about him. I loved his unique,different style of music. Thanks Rushad for your visit!

14. That was awesome! It was so much fun and he is an amazing cello player. Itʻs cool that he made his own style of playing the cello. Iʻm really glad that I watched it. Itʻs funny that he has his ‘own language’. He was very eccentric and very entertaining.

15. Rushad gave a great performance i love, the way that he really expressed his very UNIQUE personality it really gave his music of playing cello a different un heard of. I was really happy that i got to experience his performance and his music.

16. I am very happy I was able to attend the performance by Rushad. It was such a great experience. He was so comfortable in everything he did. Rushad is so fluent in his music and in all the things he does. I love his free spirit ! Heʻs very inspiring because he does what he loves and expresses himself in so many ways. I mean seriously, heʻs a dope kid !

17. He plays the instrument very well. It was fascinating to watch him do what he loves. Rushad is a man of many talents when it comes to music.

18. I loved his performance, it was very interesting and funny. I really find it interesting that when he plays he incorporates his whole body into it and how he was able to come up with his own style by playing a lot of other instruments and learning from other people. After watching him perform I felt like wanting to continue my learning on my ocarina. Now i want to try to better myself musically. 😀

19. Rushad has a very unique style to his music, i’ve never seen anything like it. He has a relaxed and cool personality and definitely a person i would like to hang with as a friend. From what i’ve heard and seen a cello is definitely not suppose to sound like that. By clashing his love for rock and roll style music and a classical instrument he has created a style that is remarkable to be heard and watched.

20. I thought Rushad was the most interesting cello player I have ever heard. He changed the way people view cellists. He made the cello an instrument of his own by being creative and innovative. He is simply a great musician and a wonderful person.

21. i think that he was an amazing cellist and was really entertaining. I enjoyed watching and listening to him play the cello and sing at the same time. it was also interesting how he made his own mixes combined with his cello. His personality seems very amusing and he is very creative with his cello and that makes him a boss. He is really good at what he does and seems very passionate about it too. i want to learn how to do what he does because it sounds pretty awesome! He is a beast!

22. When watching a video Rushad i was impressed that he had his own world within his music and that he always tried to impress people. I really wish that i was able to see him in person. He looked very fascinating and unique. He took what was the traditional way of playing the cello and created a new and unique way of playing it. When watching the videos he seemed really funny and had a good personality.

23. OOOoooooohhhh mmmyyy gooossshhh! I wish i went to the live performance, but sadly i had English…Rushad is so AMAZING! hahaha if Jack Sparrow and Petter Pan had a baby, I would imagine Rushad. I didnt get the chance to see him in person, but I did get the opportunity to watch him on youtube and I must say, I love his style and flare of individuality, and his fashion. haha that is all.

24. Based on the videos that i watched of him, i thought that he was an incredible musician. His style in his pieces that he did was so different and unique than what i ever heard of / seen. I wish that had the chance to come because he seems like a pretty cool guy.

25. I think hes strange in a way, but its funny at times. I think that hes creative in how he plays his music. We need more people like that in the world to make living exciting.

26. Rushad, you’re so cool and weird- I love it! He inspires me to compose music. I love how his personality reflects the way he plays his music.

27. His music is unique to say the least, but as a musician im thoroughly impressed by his technique and ability. He’s such a talented musician, it’s hard enough to play music. Let alone, stand, play and sing. His style his amazing and he’s so talented. hana hou!

28. He was really entertaining an has a very interesting style. He is an amazing musician and entertainer. He kept his audience intrigued and his unusual songs were stuck in my head all day.

29. Watching Rushad perform his style of playing the cello and seeing him describe what it meant to him was truly inspirational. Most of modern day music isn’t real, thought-out, or really with a purpose other than to make money. Rushad was truly in love with the way the cello worked and his dedication to it put another meaning to music than the way I would normally interpret it as. He changed my life.

30. I thought Rashad was a very unique person, and he was very outgoing. I love how he’s so different and not afraid of saying anything, i love how he is his own person and not afraid of being himself. His appearance/style is very awesome and cool. I loved his performance and company, it was very entertaining. It was great and we were lucky to have him come to our school. And i’d love to have him come back again one day.

31. I loved his music, i really enjoyed how funny and entertaining he was. He made me laugh so much. It was really fun to stay and watch him preform. I love his clothes and his personality.

32. Rushad Eggleston is an amazing musician. I honestly wasn’t expecting what was given to us. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to attend this “performance.” He was fine, fresh, and fierce, which made him a joy to watch. I’ve never seen a cello player with the amount pizazz and flamboyancy he has. His confidence was eluding and he definitely captured the crowd. I would love to watch him again, maybe one day I will. <3

33. Rushad was AWESOME! He was also funny! He should totally come back again! He made the cello look amazing (sound wise). Too bad we didn’t have enough time! If the lunch thing bell didn’t ring, I would totally stay.

34. I really enjoyed watching and listening to Rushad. I thought he was very talented and very dedicated in his work. I was also very impressed. I liked his style of making music , and how he performed.

35. I thought that the performance was very good. I found it so entertaining and I really found it informational. Itʻs really cool how he made his own style to play the cello. He was awesome and had such an a fun and unique type of music. I loved that he was so energetic and you could really see that he loved what he was doing.

36. Rushad Eggleston is such an amazing, unique and talented person. I’m glad I was able to attend his performance, he is such a great musician and really knows how to get his audience to interact with him. He is such an amazing cello player and was really inspired to achieve his dreams in being a great cello player. I think its amazing that he was able to create his own way of playing the cello, instead of doing the classical way of playing the cello he created his own unique style. I am so glad to have been able to attend his performance, he really inspired me too achieve my dreams.

37. He was soooooooo WEIRD, but……. I love weird!!!!!!! He was so great and the way he played the Cello was brilliant! I seriously got chicken skin and he is so FUNNY! He literally changed my day, and his language is pretty weird, but interesting. He was just so Jicktastic! I found it interesting how he decided to go off and play his own new way of playing the Cello:) Rashad is just an incredibly, unique, creative, awesome, and kind of scary person, but the best period five ever:0 I loved it period:) He definitely should come again!

38. Two days ago, i fell in love. This man showed me how incredible music can be, as well as life. I hope i get to meet him again, because he is so incredibly awesome. The way he played the cello was unique and stupendous. if i ever turn out to be half as awesome as him, my life will be complete. I also thought his language was so cool, i want to take classes to learn it. May the Jick be with us all.

39. I enjoyed Rushadʻs originality as well as personality. He was very inspiring and entertaining! He showed me how amazing music can be. His cello skills were of course far beyond incredible. He brings creativity to each song he plays. Rushad is very passionate life and the music he creates. There is no one like him. I had a great time listening to Rushad. Hope he comes back again!

40. DUDE!!!!!!!!! you’re like legityly legit in every legit way! Haha I really enjoyed the music cause it brightened up my day. His style is very inspiring! its so out of the box its MIND BOGGLING BRO!
    AYEEEEE YO RUSHAD! come back down before I grad haha cause I would love to hear your random songs again. thanks for the performance, I hope you enjoyed your time down here.
    much Aloha and Mahalo!

– NAPUA (:

41. he was really cool and unparalleled 🙂 i really enjoyed watching him and i love the song “i peed on a bird” 🙂 it was really catchy and i love his style of music. very creative and really just amazing.

42. Rushad was a very interesting person. He was so unique and I have never seen anyone like him. His style is one that is all his own. I really want him to come back to our school again. He made me laugh when he was giving us those weird looks and the tongue flicking thing. Other than that his playing is extraordinary and I love when he sings those “Jick” and “Peed on a bird” songs. Mr. Eggleston, was jicktastic. He reminds me of those people from Narnia or the Lord of the rings.

43. Rushad is a JICK cello player. When he plays he JICKS my mind. The sound of his cello takes me to another JICK. I need to know how someone can be so JICK.
    Man
    Youʻre The JICK