About Me

Aloha, I am a native of Connecticut and a graduate of the Universtity of Connecticut with degrees in Music Performance and in Education.  Upon graduation I taught in the East Harford, CT public school system before moving to Miami, Florida where I taught elementary school.  In 1986 my family moved to Hilo.  After 15 years as the music teacher at Chiefess Kapiolani School I came to K.S. and began my sharing my love of music with the keiki on our beautiful campus.

Music has always been an important part of my life, I began studying piano at the age of 6.  In Junior High School I joined the band and was placed in the percussion section where I remain to this day playing in various community ensembles in my spare time.  The love of church and music melded in college when I began formal organ lessons. I have enjoyed being an church organinst in Connecticut, Florida and here in Hilo. Although I  no longer have time to have a regular position I enjoy substituting for area churches when called.

In my free time I love traveling to see my three daughters on the mainland, playing with my four grandchildren, sewing, cooking, swimming, reading, walking, interior decorating, and spending time with my wonderful family.