Keeping in touch with Ms. Michaela

January 25th, 2014 by tinakamo

What a blessing it was to have Ms. Michaela join our ʻohana! She shared her smiles, her hugs, her stories of snow, and most of all, her aloha. Even though she won’t be in our classroom for the rest of the year, we can “talk story” with her on the blog. Ready, set, go!

Posted in General Discussion, ‘Ohana | 43 Comments »

43 Responses

1. Calyssa Says:

Hey Ms. Michaela. I gave my home address to Mrs. Nakamoto to give to you since she said I shouldn’t put that on the blog. Does the assorted arare taste awesome! Did you glue the bow to the lei.Did you share with your friends.I really miss you!

2. Megan Chun Says:

Hi MS. Michaela how are you doing?
    Is it cold in Minnesota?miss you love Megan.

3. Ms. Michaela Says:

Aloha ‘ohana! I had so much fun with you all the last two weeks. Thank you for being so amazing and welcoming, I miss you all so much! I look at the beautiful lei every morning and think of you! I feel so lucky to have been with such a wonderful class. Is everyone eating their lunch? 🙂

Calyssa- Thank you so much for the wonderful note! I read it everyday and I shared the snacks with my friends, we loved them! Super yummy. I haven’t gotten a chance to glue the bow, but when I get back to Minnesota and find some glue I will for sure glue it on:) I miss seeing your beautiful face everyday!

Megan- It’s so nice to hear from you, thank you for being so sweet! I am still in Hawaii and I am teaching at a high school. It is not as much fun as being with you all! However, my mom called me and said it was -30 below in Minnesota, brr! I am not looking forward to going back. I will send you a photo of all the snow as soon as I get home!

4. Kainoa Says:

Thank you for helping with our work! I liked that you came from Minnesota ! Please show snow! Aloha! Love Kainoa

5. Ms. Michaela Says:

Aloha Kainoa! Thank you for your response 🙂 I’m so glad that you enjoyed the fun facts about Minnesota. I can’t wait to send you pictures of the snow outside my house when I get home! They had to cancel many schools in Minnesota because it was too cold to go outside. I hope you are having a great week!

6. shanti Says:

Hi I was wondering how you were doing in Minessota.

7. Calyssa Says:

Hey Ms. Michaela today we went to science. We learned about crayfish. We got to touch the crayfish and see the crayfish. The crayfish felt weirder than deadd birds. I was getting better at jump rope. I love doing jump rope. We learned about the fruit of the spirit.

8. shanti Says:

Mrs. Michaela today we had science we learened about fish . Our title was Is It a fish .We discovered crayfish. We got to touch ded ones to. It was cool . do you know what makes a fish a fish.

9. Jaizyon Says:

Ms. Michaela, how are you doing we miss youwe touched crayfish it felt harder than a shell

10. Ian Says:

Hi Ms. Michaela how cold is it in minnesota. :I. What are you doing. What is your favorite thing to do in the snow. Love Ian.

11. Konnor Says:

Ms. Michaela dus it fell a little bit more wormer? Ms. Michaela on February 3 2014 we lend abawt crayfish in science.

12. Memphis Says:

Hi Ms.Michaela I hope you had FUN at the high school.In science we got to touch a crayfish I didn’t like to touch it.

13. Amber Says:

Hi ms. Michaela I want to see a picture of your dogs when they are with you. I miss you ms. Michaela. I went to science and sang a fish song. How cold is Minnesota.

14. Brynna Says:

Hi Mrs. Michaela how are you doing in Minnesota hope youa re having a great time. In science we learned about crayfish. And what fish have on there body like scales. Aloha! love Brynna.

15. Ayceton Says:

How is it because it’s been cold over here it was raining. We had science we learned about crayfish. We just came from lunch we had meatballs.

16. Mattison Says:

We all miss you Ms. Michaela and we love you. how cold is it in Minnesota right now. do you miss it here in hawai’i. how was it at the high school you were going to. how are you Ms. Michaela in Minnesota.

17. Megan Says:

Hi Ms. Michaela. How was the high school you was at? Is it cold in Minnesota? today at science we touched crayfish.

18. Kaleb Says:

Hi Ms. Michaela , on friday we mite see the bubble man or we will practice eating lunch quietly. I miss you a lot.

19. Leila Says:

I mis you sow much . and at scienceI tocht a crayfish and it whs hard and it whs cripy.

20. Koen Says:

how was it at the high school. did you have fun while you were here at Kamehameha. If you came to science you wold not like it because we touched died crayfish. hope you had good time.

21. Nanea Says:

Aloha Ms. Michaela today in science we touched a dead cray fish ours didn’t move that much.

22. Carly Says:

DEAR: MISS MICAHELA, LOTS OF THINGS HAVE CHANGED SENSE YOU LEFT. LOTS OF MY FRIENDS BEEN ASKING WERE YOU HAVE BEEN. MISS. MICHAELA ALLWAYS KNOW THAT WE WILL MISS YOU UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN. REMEMBER THAT WE ALL MISS YOU. CAN I ASK YOU A QUESTION YES OH, OK THEN HERE IT GOS WHAT HAPPENED TOO YOUR PET FISH? CAN YOU PLEASE TELL YOUR BROTHER I SAID HI! FRO ME PLEASE THANK YOU.
    LOVE, CARLY

23. Ms. Michaela Says:

Aloha to the beautiful Papa Wauke class!
    It has been too long since I have talked with you all and I miss every one of you so much!
    Minnesota has been super cold, brr! It was such a shock to come back after being in Hawaii for so long. I hope the weather has been wonderful for you all in Hawaii.

My favorite thing to do in the snow is to make snow angels 🙂 However, all the snow just melted! It is always fun when the snow melts at this time of year because everyone who lives in Minnesota is ready for spring.

Wow! I wish I could have been their for your crayfish day. Sounds like you all learned so much! Did you like touching the crayfish and the dead fish?

What else have you been up to? How were your spring breaks? I just got back from my spring break trip with my mom. We went to Florida!

Has everyone been eating their lunches? 🙂 I miss you all very much and I hope you all are doing well. I will always remember you all and I have told all of my friends about how much fun I had with you all. My family says hello! I wore the beautiful necklace you made me the other day and got so many compliments 🙂

Much love,
    Miss Michaela

24. Megan Says:

Dear Ms.Michaela I hope you had fun at Florida.
    It was fun touching the dead cray fish. My spring break was fun i went to fun factory. And tomorrow we have swimming in P.E. it’s cool because your a life guard. I wish you was hear in Hawaii BYE!!!

25. Amber Says:

Hello Miss Michaela what i did for spring was i slept at my grandmas house and while i was there
    it was my grandmas birthday and my aunty gave
    my grandma a presnt but it was my present.The cray fish was scary because it looked real.we have swimming tomorrow.

26. Brynna Says:

For spring break I went to my cousin’s birthday party the theme was pirates.I was a purple pirate.When I was touching the crayfish I was freaking out because it was alive .over here it is a beautiful wether.

27. Mahealani Says:

On spring break I went to the dentist and I went to the beach.On spring break I also got sick.My spring break was awesome!Tomorrow my class and I are going swimming.Today we watched a puppet show at the gym.How are you doing in Minnesota?Are you having fun?I miss you. Love Mahealani

28. Kainoa Says:

ALOHA Ms.Michaela! I hope you had an awesome spring break too!Guess what we go swimming tomorrow!My brother and dad are going to Florida in the summer!We got guppies!I did so many things on the weekend. My favorite was when I went to my sleep over. Aloha!

29. Elai Says:

On sprig break I went to San Diego. I went to Lego Land and San Diego Zoo. At the San diego Zoo I saw a Koala And a Tasmanian Devil. at Lego Land I got to go on a big roller coster. Then we went to LA and went to Disney Land. At Disney Land I went on all of the roller costers and I went on the tower of terror.

30. kaleb Says:

On my spring break at a pet store I pet a RAT.it would freak out Ms. Nakamoto haha.tomorrow we have swimming with Mr. Tschillard. He is retiring at the end of the year.

31. Memphis Says:

Dear Ms.Michaela It was scary touching the crayfish. My spring break was ASOME.Tomorrow is swimming.Did you see any snowflake?

32. Ian Says:

I did not like touching the crayfish but I loved the dead fish . For my spring break I went to the Hilton hotel and we caught 12 mice at home and I caught 3 with my hands and tomorrow we have swimming 🙂 Was Florida fun? Mr Tschillard is retiring. I miss you too and I hope you can come again 🙂 .

33. Leila Says:

I went to the Kroc Center on spring break. Tomorrow we have swimming. MrTschillard is retiring.

34. Konnor Says:

Ms Michaela I wint horse back riding. We went to a puppet show. Tomorrow we have swimming. I miss you Ms. Michaela.

35. Calyssa Says:

Hi Miss Michaela!How are you doing?No fare you and your mom went to Florida.Tomorrow we are going to swimming.I wish you staid when we had swimming.Maybe if you tell Mr.Tschillard you will teach swimming. Mr.Tschillard is going to retire in June.My spring break was awesome.I went to Menchies 2 times my first one was with my Uncle Roine, my Aunty Sherry,and my bothers Noa and Nathan.And the second time I went with my Mom, and my brothers. At Menchies I ate good Ice Cream with toppings.I watch the Lego Movie with my Aunty Sherry, Uncle Roine and my brothers.The whole week I had to do something!

36. Mattison Says:

we miss you so much.we wish you can come here right now. we have swimming tomorrow.we got to see a show.again we miss you very very much.how was your weekend.love you.I went to the beach.what are you doing right now?

37. Nanea Says:

Ms Michaela I went to the Zoo this spring break and I sow Jaizyon at the Zoo.And today we sow a puppet show. We go Swimming tomorrow I can’t wait to go Swimming. I miss you very,very,very much.I want you to be here. You were so fun wen you were here Ms Michaela.

38. Ayceton Says:

We miss you all ready. We got to watch a puppet show. come back HERE!!! .how was your day and weekend.I got to go on a NCL cruise. to maui,hilo,kona,kauai.

39. Kellan Says:

Dear Ms. Micheala, I miss you. What else did you do on your spring break and could you please post another picture of snow? On my spring Break I went to Seattle to see family. I got to go to trader joes and go to the mall and get games. I wish you were here because you can help mr.tschilerd with swimming because your a life guard and. mr.Tschilerd is retiring. And I hope your safe in minisoda and i hope you come back some time and mahalo!!! for helping us and did you see samore snow please tell me if you did and I can’t wait to see your brother on the ollympics and bye.

40. Carly Says:

Dear:Miss. Michaela, Hi Miss Michaela! we miss you. The whole class misses you.nothing has been the same sense you left.This is are second day back from spring break. How many days have you been back? Tomorrow we have Swimming tomorrow.Wich would of been good because you could of stayed in the lifeguard chair.Mr. Tschillard is retiring. he is are swimming teacher.On my spring break I went to ‘Aulani for my birthday.It was my first time at ʻAulani. I was there for three days. Yesturday there was a earth quick. and a title wave. The title wave went around the whole hawiian islands.

41. jaizyon Says:

Dear miss michaela we start swimming tomorrow.on my spring break I want to the zoo and
    I saw nanea at the zoo.

42. Ms. Michaela Says:

Aloha class 🙂

Oh my gosh! You get to go swimming for P.E?! That is amazing and it sounds like so much fun. I would
    absolutely love to come and lifeguard for you all and be there for the swimming unit! If I could hop on a plane tomorrow, I would. What have you all learned so far in swimming? Can you all swim?

Wow! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful spring break. I bet you were all excited to be back at school though! What have you done this week?

It has warmed up so much in Minnesota! Today was 68 degrees and sunny!! All the snow is melted and hopefully I will be able to golf soon.

I miss you all and can’t wait to hear back from you! I’m so happy you had a nice breaks and now get to go swimming for P.E!

43. Memphis Says:

Hi Ms.Michaela is it snowing in minasoda?How are you doing?What did you do on your siping brak?When are you coming back to Hawaii?