Let’s Be Active
Encourage your child to exercise regularly in any way possible. Give them opportunities to engage in structured and unstructured activities, exercise and play.
A child/adult who is active will:
• Have stronger muscles and bones
• Have a leaner body because exercise helps to control body fat
• Be less likely to become overweight
• Decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes
• Possibly lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels
• Have a better outlook on life
In addition, children who are physically fit sleep better and are able to handle both the physical and emotional challenges that a typical day presents; be it running to catch a bus, bending down to tie a shoe or studying for a test.
Exercise and physical activity can provide your child and family with many health benefits. Along with the proper diet, it can provide your family with all the positive physical, mental/emotional and social advantages that lead to a long and healthy life.
Ph. (808) 982-0272