Star Gazing

by Mehana

Star gazing makes me wonder. It makes me confused, but leaves me in awe, all at the same time. Its twinkling light flashes a sense of reassurance and positivity. It lets me know that I am much smaller than the universe.

This star is my friend; it knows my deepest secrets, desires, and dreams. I can trust it, knowing it wouldn’t tell another soul, and I admire this star for that.

The subtle glow of its sparkling face makes me blush and makes me feel unworthy sometimes. But I know it’s here for me, because my little star shows up, same spot in the sky every single night. Never lets me down, never too far away. The star stays quiet, never says a word as words endlessly spill out of my mouth.

The star’s glow is so bright from night to night, guiding me on, pushing me along with optimism. I am pushed along but never by forceful acts. Instead, effortlessly I move along with my little friend, the star. I anticipate every night until my eyes meet the star’s wonderful shine; I anticipate the moment when I can tell it how my day went. Conversations can be held for hours until the sleepy Mr. Moon descends into the dark abyss of the horizon.

Sometimes my little star will stay with me until dusk approaches, and the sky turns from a shadowy black to a new morning. I tell the star “good night,” and with that, it disappears until the night fall.

There’s never enough time during the night to be with the star, so every moment is cherished.

I became friends with this star a while ago and since then our friendship has bloomed into a story of reliance, trust, and understanding. There’s no other star in the sky that I would choose or be happier with. I’m content with my pick, my little star that shines in the night sky.

This entry was posted in Main Page. Bookmark the permalink.