Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells…

As I got out of my car at Yukio Okutsu Veteran’s Home to visit my mom tonight, I noticed a crowd of kids and adults gathered in front of the entrance. Flashing lights, Santa hats and reindeer antlers indicated that a group had come to carol to the residents. “Aww shucks,” I thought to myself, “I missed it!”

Well, to my surprise, I didn’t miss it. The Boy Scout Troupe was running a little late and I was just in time to catch the show. An even greater surprise was when I spotted my student, Noah, singing in the second row. “That’s my student!” I announced to my mom with pride. The sweet voices of kids singing cheerful Christmas songs made me smile, but it was even more enjoyable when I recognized Noah in the crowd of performers.

Thank you, Noah and his troupe, for sharing your aloha with us at the Veteran’s Home. My mom loved the singing and the Christmas cards and gifts that you made. As you can see in the picture with her, you made her smile from ear to ear. These gestures of kindness and love touch the hearts of many. You can put this gift of yours in our class “Sparkle Box”. Thanks for sharing and demonstrating the true meaning of Christmas!
imageimage

This entry was posted in Messages, Photos. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells…