I believe that…

Your child may have come home last night and told you that they learned how hard it is to be an adult. Well…it is, wouldn’t you say? This probably stemmed from your children participating in a Homeless Simulation in which they were placed into families of 2, 3, or 4. Each family was given a scenario that explained their monthly income and job description (if any). They then went to three different stations (Cost of Living, Daily Necessities, or Housing) to make decisions as a family on what to purchase and what not to purchase. Lots of discussions, learning, and realizations of how it is so easy for ANYONE to become homeless took place. This is what some had to say about their experience…

” I believe that it’s hard to be a grown up.”

” I believe that the homeless may become homeless because of what kind of decisions they make.”

” I believe that it is hard to be an adult because you have to pay for everything.”

“I believe that it takes a lot of money to take care of someones needs.”

“I believe that being a child is easy but when I get older, it’s going to be hard because the economy is bad now, so it’s going be harder.”

Photos and more quotes to come…

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to I believe that…