Last night 4A students were assigned model drawing for homework. I bet some of you may have wondered “What kind of homework is this?” or maybe you know a little or nothing about model drawing.
There has been a lot of research, websites, tutorials about model drawing. Instead of telling you, I’d like to show a few website that we’ll use to practice model drawing. You can also check out these sites to practice on your own or with your keiki.
Thinking Blocks Website-
This site compares traditional practice,that you maybe familiar with, and the model drawing practice. Please review this information, then move on to the next steps to learn and practice. Because these pages are loaded with information, you may get lost. To help with your website navigation, I’ve included pictures with each step.
1. AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE, click this link———> “Please visit math playground”
2. Please scroll down and click on Thinking Blocks picture. It looks like this——>
3. Now, you’ll look for this picture————————-> There are tutorials of how to play the thinking block game. Click on multiplication.
4. When your done, click on the Thinking Block link at the top of the tutorial box.——–>
5. On the Thinking Block Index page, find this picture ———> and click on start button.
6. Now you’re ready for independent practice.