Below are a few examples to see what your posters for your Project Mo’okuauhau should look like. Your posters are due on February 8th (2A) and February 9th (2B).
All second graders will be administered the winter NWEA Map testing. Areas to be tested will be in reading, language, and math. Testing will take place on January 13-19. Here are a few tips to support your child during testing.
- Make sure your child gets enough sleep on the night before the test.
- Ensure that your child eats a healthy and nourishing breakfast.
- Make sure your child gets to school on time.
- Encourage your child to give his/her best effort.
- If at all possible, please do not schedule appointments during testing days. (ie. doctors, dental, etc.)
Thursday, Jan. 13 -19 NWEA Map Testing
Monday, Jan. 17 Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday (No School)
Tuesday, Jan. 25 Charles Reed Bishop Convocation (Dress Whites)
Friday, Jan. 28 Aloha Wear Day
Monday, Jan. 31 Tikki Tikki Tembo Performance
Have a wonderful Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Weekend! Check out our link on the right hand side of our blog, entitled “Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.” Take some time to listen or watch this great man give one of his famous speeches. Spend the holiday (Monday) doing something to make our world more peaceful. Follow in the footsteps of Dr. King!