Six Word Stories

1/23/2018

I attended a technology conference two weekends ago and the writing activity our presenter used was the Six Word Story.  So I decided to add to the one I started at the conference to make my own collection of Six Word Stories.

Fall down seven, stand up eight

Teacher by day, mommy by night

Finding ways to make people laugh

Never goes to bed on time

Wanting to learn, all the time

Love to read, love to write

Not so good at math 🙂

Less stressed when walking to school

Falling asleep as I type this

Kids up all hours last night

Hard to keep my eyes open

Looking forward to the next holiday

Thankful and grateful for each day

What does your six word story say about you?

About legerboc

A learner, a teacher, a mom and a wife. Pretty good at the first two and working on the last two, every single day.
This entry was posted in Tuesday Slices. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Six Word Stories

1. Tammy says:

I love six word stories!

I am working on some 6 word memoirs.

2. My posts tend to be long too! I like your six word stories! I will have to remember this format that you shared! Thanks!

3. Terje says:

Six word stories are much harder than they look. I enjoyed reading your words. For now my line is: Chose reading slices instead of sleeping.

4. Patricia Palmer says:

What a refreshing post! We did six-word stories in fourth grade toward the beginning of the year. Students then illustrated their stories in watercolor. My hope at the time was to then take the six word stories and have them explode them into longer versions. That never happened and maybe it was better left alone. Thanks for your slice!

5. Fran Haley says:

What a fun idea – a collection of six-word stories that make a poem. I am not much of a math person either …

• legerboc says:

Yes! Whenever my daughter asks me for help with her math homework, my answer is always, “You do know I teach reading and writing, right?” 🙂

6. Love that, and it flows beautifully! I’m adding your post to my Padlet of writing ideas. I have one on six words memoirs, but your post takes it to a new level. 🙂

• legerboc says:

Ooohhh, a Padlet of writing ideas!? I kept them in a file on my computer, but I didn’t think of adding them to my Padlet! Thanks for that great idea!

7. What a great exercise! This is seriously so hard… I can make one thought consist of 100 words! Your 6 word stories were wonderful!

• legerboc says:

It really IS hard! After learning for almost my entire life to “expand my thoughts” and “add details,” to now be concise in 6 words is very difficult!