SOL Day 17: A Few of my Favorite Things…

I wish I would have remembered to reference the slice I got this idea from…though I know in that particular slice, it referenced other writers who they got the idea from.  I wanted to do a slice on a few of my favorite things.  So here goes:

#1. I love LOVE Haagen Dazs Coffee ice cream.  On some days (especially the difficult ones), I love it more than life itself.  🙂  In fact, I am sitting here, composing this slice with a pint in front of me.  The catch?  I’ll only buy it when it’s on sale.  Ice cream (everything!) is so expensive here that I regularly check the newspaper to see when it goes on sale and at what store I can find it.  I have not paid the full price for ice cream in…I can’t remember how long.

#2.   I start every morning (and I mean EVERY) with a Hot Venti Non-Fat White Chocolate Mocha.  My husband once told me that I was like an addict in the way I crave my morning coffee.  And sometimes I feel like one: my entire family knows to leave me alone until I get my coffee.  My day 4 slice was even a tribute to my #2 favorite thing.

#3.   Reading has to be one of my most favorite past-times.  Some of my earliest memories include toting around a book.  Each month, I would save my money, head to my local Waldenbooks and purchase the newest Baby Sitter’s Club book.  Ann M. Martin only wrote one book a month in the series, so I usually spent the next 29 days eagerly awaiting the following book.  I even started my own baby sitter’s club.  Of course I was the only member, but that’s a post for another day.

#4.     These mountains:   I’m pretty sure I have a love affair with the Koʻolau mountains on the Windward side of Oʻahu.  Whenever I see these mountains, I feel calm and peaceful.  The ridges in the mountains remind me of how powerful the elements and Mother Nature is.  The green of the mountains stand out with the blue sky as its backdrop.  There’s a regality to it that is unmatched.  When I see these mountains, I know I’m home.

#5.   

Everybody needs a Jack.  If you know anything about this show, you know how true those words are.  It was hard not to love this show from the start, with it’s captivating plot, unexpected twists and intricate storyline.  But what makes this show so amazing is how real and relatable it is.  There hasn’t been a single episode where I haven’t cried!  Season 1 has just finished and I’m not sure how I will make it until the new season starts again after summer is over.  There are no words that could adequately describe this show, except I. LOVE. IT.

About legerboc

A learner, a teacher, a mom and a wife. Pretty good at the first two and working on the last two, every single day.
This entry was posted in Slice of Life 2017 and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to SOL Day 17: A Few of my Favorite Things…

1. Molly Hogan says:

I enjoyed reading about all your favorite things but those mountains are absolutely amazing! From this one picture I can understand why they fascinate you. How lucky you are to call them “home.”

2. Beautiful mountains! They are breathtaking. I love the show, “This is Us” and I agree…everyone needs a Jack. I think this cam from Leigh Anne’s blog: http://adayinthelifeof19b.blogspot.com/

Thank you for sharing your favorites with us!

3. arjeha says:

Loved learning a bit about you. If you are a coffee addict then I guess I am as well. The day doesn’t start until after that first cup.

4. Joy Berg says:

Thanks for sharing some of your favorite things. White chocolate mocha, iced or hot, is both mine and my husband’husband’s favorite drink from Starbucks. 🙂 I also love reading, This is Us, and the beautiful tropical mountains!

5. Vanessa Worrell says:

I loved reading about your favorite things and how you even started your own babysitter’s club. I did this and it was so hard to pick just 5 things. This is US is so touching. May I strive to be a “Jack” for those that need it.