Blackboard is a tool that allows faculty to add resources for students to access online 24/7. Create your content outside of Blackboard or in Blackboard then add into your course for students to enhance teaching and learning efforts.
This year, our Blackboard has been updated to Service Pack (SP) 12. Below are a few handouts and videos to assist you with the additions and changes.
BB_SP12 updated presentation (handout)
How to Bulk Delete Students (handout)
Upload students to Bb via KS Connect (handout)
Exams and Assessment
- How to upload test and survey questions fast. (handout)
- Respondus Lockdown Browser (video)
- Test Options
New or Updated Features:
- Global Navigation –(New) set of links that appears at the very top right of the Blackboard Learn frame.
- Discussions – (Updated)Bb has thoroughly revamped the look and feel of this tool. The first thing you’ll notice are the large avatars or profile pictures, so it’s a lot easier to identify students. Also includes a Post First feature before viewing the rest of the posts.
- Calendar – (Updated)The new Calendar display consolidates the view of all course, organization, and personal calendar information for a user
- Retention Center – (Updated)Provides a quick alert on students progress in Blackboard items.
- Inline Assignment Grading – (New)Instead of downloading student-submitted files to view or edit, you will now be able to view student-submitted files “inline,” i.e. in the web browser, without requiring any plugins, applets, or client-side applications.
- Test Enhancements – (New)New settings have been added to to Test and Survey Options page.
- Content Editor – (Updated)The content editor allows you to add and format text, insert equations and hyperlinks, tables, and attach different types of files to content.
- Video Everywhere – (New)This new tool allows you and your students to include videos which you can record and embed in assignments, test questions, and as responses from students.
- Item Analysis – (New)provides statistics on overall test performance and on individual test questions.
**For more information on other Blackboard items, please refer to the On Demand help center with handouts and videos.