- Stacey Makanui (Students Last Names: A-G) 842-8572
- Kimo Saito (Students Last Names: H-M) 843-3469
- Trent Koide (Students Last Names: N-Z) 842-8484
- Corinne Matsumoto (Outreach A-M, except Boarders) 843-3470
- Udella Auyoung (Outreach, Outreach N-Z & Boarding students) 842-8120
- Monica Rista, Office Receptionist 842-8569
*last five digits of the phone number make up the individual’s extension number
Location: Ka’ōleiokū Building, Guidance Classroom, 1st Floor Rm 107
Themes: Academic • Personal/Social • Planning for the future/Career • Registration
- 8- Alpha Day Rotation
- Classes run for a duration of 60/75 minutes per class
- Counselors will be meeting with 1 Cohort/Grade-Level per day
- There will be approximately 18 Alpha-Day Rotations
WEO Focus: ‘Ike nō i ka lā o ka ‘ike; mana nō i ka lā o ka mana – Know in the day of knowing; mana in the day of mana. Adapt successfully to various kulana.
Expectations: Students are expected to attend regularly, participate in course activities, and broaden the application of skills beyond the school environment.
Lessons: Guidance classes follow the standards of the American School Counselor Association.The guidance units are based on both:
Character Education: KSKMS Character Education is the catalyst for developing good moral character that inspires our ‘ohana to be positive and active contributors in a sustainable global society. The intent of KSKMS Character Education is to provide meaningful direction for our school community to collectively assist and nurture the whole child’s growth and development through Christian and Hawaiian values so that students become the good and industrious men and women that Ke Ali’i Pauahi envisioned. KSKMS Character Education includes: Advisory, Christian Education, Guidance, and Wehena and Panina.
Assessment and Evaluation: Successful participation and completion of self-development skills
- Demonstration of effective communication skills, oral and written, through course activities
- Development of four-year plan with appropriate course selection, aligned with career goals