County Inauguration Ceremony Reflection

Congratulations on another successful performance. I think you all represented yourselves and the school well at the inauguration. There were many unknowns about this performance that we did not know for sure until we got there, but you guys did what you had to do. I hope you appreciate that you performed for ALL of our current county officials and their invited guests. It was a big deal.

Comment below about what the experience meant to you and how you felt about the overall experience. How do you think we did?  Would you like to do more community performances? Any suggestions for performance venues?

32 thoughts on “County Inauguration Ceremony Reflection

1. This was super fun! i loved how we got the be heard by the community and how well we sang for billy keno. I felt like a proud Hawaiian KS student and was just amazingly in love with how we sounded and how we acted! THE FOOOOOD WAS KILLLLLLLAHZ (;

2. I LOVED THIS PUBLIC PERFORMANCE. It was such an amazing experience. I loved being in front of an audience. And I was so proud of our concert glee class. I’d love to have to opportunity to do more public performances, being able to display the talent our school acquires is such an awesome thing!

3. I think we did really good and it was also fun to sing at the city inauguration. I think we sang loud and clearly with a good attitude. I would love to do more community performances it was really fun.

4. To be able too have that experience was just a very wonderful emotional thing. To be able to sing in front of the county and councilmen and many other people was just really awesome. To be honest we did really good, better than I thought. Yes I think we should do more community performances, it’ll give us more experience to perform in public.

5. Comment below about what the experience meant to you and how you felt about the overall experience. How do you think we did? Would you like to do more community performances? Any suggestions for performance venues?

I liked the overall experience but I’m not super into that kind of stuff. I think we sounded pretty okay. It was ahrd to hear the other end of the choir but it’s okay. The civic is a TERRIBLE place for any form of performance. I don’t really like community events because I don’t like the public eye.

6. I really like singing for the community, it was really fun. We did really good given that we did not know the words to our songs. We should do more community performances.

7. I really wish I went! I heard that it was an amazing experience. I heard you guys did great! I wish we could do another community performance! Hopefully one that I can attend!

8. I had a lot of fun! It was a new experience for me. It was nice to see that the audience enjoyed it, because a few people came up to me and told us we did good; which also goes to show we represented our school very well. We sang beautifully and if we have another opportunity to sing at another community gathering we should.

9. I think that we did really well considering that not everyone knew all the songs. I really won’t mind doing more community performances. I didn’t really like performing at the civic and I don’t really know other places where we could perform. But I think the this was a very good experience.

10. Personally I LOVED that we got to sing in the front of the County Council and how we got to be heard by the community. I think we soured really good even though we had no piano and only one day to rehearse. I do think we should do more performances because then we can be seen and noticed and it will give us an opportunity to do what we love and share it with the public.

11. THIS WAS AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE FOR US AND A GREAT BLESSING TO BE ABLE TO BE INVITED TO PERFORM AT SUCH AN IMPORTANT EVENT! In my opinion, I thought we did an excellent job and we only had 1 class day to learn the two songs, well for the people who didn’t know it ———> GREAT JOB!!!! I love being involved with the community, showing the many talents that Kamehameha schools has:) LETS EAT MA’ONA’S AGAIN, GREAT DELICIOUS FOOD MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM THANK YOU MAHELONA FOR PAYING FOR US, MUCH APPRECIATION!

12. I really liked it!!!! I think we should do more! I thought we sounded really good! We should do more community performances. Its a really good experience for us.

13. I think we did very good. we sounded super good and represented the school well. Maʻonaʻs made my week. I hope we can do more stuff like this in the future

14. I think this performance was really fun. It was exciting hearing from the public that we did a good job or how great we sang and looked. I think we should do more public events.

15. It was a success: we sounded great and it was short and sweet. The lunch was AMAZING. We should do this more often. Good job everyone, especially those who didn’t know the songs till the week of the performance. Thank you Mr. Mahelona and concert glee for the fun experience. (Only thing I’ll change is the outfits. I can’t stand those parachutes and penguin feet shoes! But other than that it was aweomse!:) )

16. I liked the new experience although honestly it was kinda boring and i fell asleep during prayer. The best part for me was the lunch. The singing was great. I think we amazed the audience.

17. Comment below about what the experience meant to you and how you felt about the overall experience. How do you think we did? Would you like to do more community performances? Any suggestions for performance venues?

The experience meant a lot. It was pretty cool to go to and see the people and what they had to say. I think we did well. I would enjoy more community performances, as long as we go to Ma’ona.

18. I think we did gr9. I was amazed to hear such a beautiful sound come out of us. Heck yeah, I think we should do more community performances. Mahelona, hook us up! Oh by the way, THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU for taking us to Maona’s. I didn’t want to walk back to my period 6 class afterwards because I was carrying around a food baby in my stomach! That was a good meal. Thank you.

19. I think that it was a great experience for all of those who were able to attend. And that overall we did an pretty good job. I loved that we were able to sing more for the public. And afterwards many people congratulated us and told us thank you for such a wonderful performance. And hearing comments like those really made me feel proud for all of us. I would love to do more community performances, and the food afterwards was amazing!!

20. It was fun to sing for the community. It was fun to experience attending and being a part of his inauguration. We sounded really good and we should really do more public events!

21. I think we should have more community performances, I really enjoyed singing for the community and also it showcases our potential as a school and as concert glee. I think we were really amazing on Monday, we sounded beautiful said one of the aunties that walked pass us. She was really appreciative of what we did for the community.

22. It was a great experience to perform for a important event. For me it was good for the most and I am glad that we had music sheets because I did not know the music. I think we did very well and we got a generous amount of comments from the public. I would love to do many public performances. I am not sure where, but maybe other schools? After the performance we went to Maʻonasʻ and that was great and the food was delicious. Hope we get to do this again.

23. This was an awesome public performance. I was a great experience for me to watch the inaguration and sing for the mayor and all the district reps. I felt proud and honored to sing alongside all of my glee classmates. We sounded amazing.

24. I thought this performance was an awesome experience! Especially being in total public exposure and performing for important people. Super FUN! The audience loved us! We got a lot of compliments afterwards and it felt great. Totally want to do a public performance again! Oh, and the food right after was amaze balls!

25. I thought that we did a very good job. Even though not all of us know the songs we still brought our A-game. We did our best and I’m glad that we got the chance to go out in the public and share our talents with everyone else. I had an awesome time!

26. I loved performing at the mayorʻs inauguration! I felt that we did amazing and represented our entire school very well on Monday. Overall, even though we didn’t have a piano and we basically had to sing acapella with an ukulele only, we still performed very well. I would love to do another one of these community performances! They’re so fun! 😀

27. okay so im gonna make this as short as possible. we did great. yes. and idk somewhere super cool where people can talk about how amazing we are. shoots boots.

28. I enjoyed this performance, although the entire place was really crowded, and
    I was dying of heat stroke 😛 regardless, i very much enjoyed the fact that I missed all but half an hour of actual class time. I know Mr. Mahelona probably wasn’t to thrilled by that, but all the students were pretty stoked. And Ma’ona’s was delicious, I’d never gone there but I’m glad I did. But I’m sorry you had to pay so much, Mr. Mahelona >.<

29. I think we did AMAZING. All of our voices were on key, and everyone contributed to their share, which made it a very successful performance. Yes, I would like to do more community performances because it allows us to be ourselves in the public and let our voices show and get us more experience. I don’t really have suggestions for performance venues, as long as it’s somewhere where we can be seen and heard.

30. I loved performing at the inauguration. I was a great experience for all of us. I think we did amaz balls, and blew everyone away with our beautiful voices 🙂 I would like to do more community performances, only thing i am a busy person, who has a tight schedule. We always do a good job !

31. I think we did really good, I like when we show just our voices.

I would love to do community performances!

I would want to sing anywhere really.

32. Singing at this performance was really fun and a great experience. I like the fact that we actually got to travel somewhere and sing for people. Honestly, we sounded amazing. I heard all of the many comments we were getting as we were walking out of the civic. Even the mayor, Billy Kenoi said we sounded “beautiful”. Yes, I would be willing to do more of these performances!