In the 3rd trimester you will be challenged to designing, constructing and running a solar boat to meet several standards, such as running the solar boat 2-meters within 15 seconds and running 2-meters in 30 seconds while carrying a 3 ounce fishing weight. We’ll be working throughout the trimester to get this project done.
You will also have to reflect on this whole process and provide reflections that will be a part of the activity and grade. Some such questions are:
- What variables in this activity did you control or change?
- What problems did you encounter? How did you solve them?
- What design features and elements make your boat successful?
In the past, students have reflected on their project in order to share with you their challenges and success. They have provided advice and suggestions on how to build, working together and about supplies to use. Unfortunately, I was only able to find glogsters that still work and can be viewed. Please view and leave me a comment answering the questions below.
Click on the links below to see what previous students have done with the solar boat activity.
Leave me a comment answering the following questions:
- What were some challenges that these students had with solar boats?
- Were they able to fix the problems they had? If so, how?
- What do you think your challenge will be in completing this activity?
- What do think you will need in order to be successful in this activity?