-Cybraryman’s Hashtag Page
-Twitter 102 - chopped
-Stumptheteacher – my favorite new blog
- Complete all past due homework
- Complete Lesson Plan
- Create Lesson Plan Presentation to share with class
|-Review Lesson Plan
- Using Twitter as part of your PLN
|This Homework is Due 5/2 for ES & MS and 5/10 for HS
- Go to Twitter4Teachers and find 2 people you want to follow
- Scroll Through ## Interesting Ways to Use Twitter in the Classroom and then post comment to Twitter…Yes? No? Maybe?
- Read Twitter Handbook for Teachers
- Continue to work on lesson plan
|- Adding Video
- Adding Sound
|This Homework is Due 4/18 for ES & MS and 4/26 for HS
- Create a post and embed media into your post.
- Read Grow Your Personal Learning Network and then post a comment to What’s Your PLN Like?
- Work on your lesson plan if you’re taking this course for credit.
- Create a twitter account if you donʻt already have one.
- Adding Files
- Copyright & Fair Use
|This Homework is Due 4/4 for ES & MS and 4/12 for HS
- Post a comment on the course blog post titled “What Makes a Good Educational Blog”
- Read through this Prezi about Fair Use and Creative Commons.
- Read through slides 25 – 33 of the presentation found here and then develop your own classroom guidelines for student comments. (Here is another excellent resource with examples of guidelines other teachers use with their students.)
- Create a blog PAGE that includes your comment guidelines for your students.
- Create a new post in your blog for your students to comment on, related to a current classroom activity.
2/7/2011 & 2/8/2011
- About Me
- Tags & Categories
- Adding Images
- Create an About Page for your Blog
- Create a Post with a Category and/or Tag and insert a photo – click here for why using images in your Blogs is important.
- Read How to Grow a Blog and then fill in the Template. Save it as yourname_howtogrowablog, for example, ellen_howtogrowablog and email me a copy.
|Blogging Basics and RSS
- Logging In
- Elements of the Dashboard
- Working with Posts
- Creating an iGoogle Account
- If you want credit for the class, go to http://www.mylearningplan.com and register for Developing 21st Century Technology Infused Lessons With a Focus on: Online Communication Tools – Part 1 of 2
- Create a post in your blog
- Click here for examples of how blogs can be used.
- Click here and find 3 Blogs to add to your iGoogle page.
- Add these resources to your iGoogle:
- Post 3 ideas on the wallwisher wall about how you might use your blog.